Trump’s budget plan was recently published and made the Democrats furious.
Trump is planning on cutting taxes and removing the swollen government agendas and if everything goes according to his plan, he will cut the reckless spending and get America’s debt under control in a matter of time.
But it looks like the government was spending more than we knew. What we found out is that the authorities were spending the budget on programs that have come to an end and on programs that are bad for the U.S. as well.
The amount of money that the officials spent is astonishing!
From The Daily Wire:
“Mick Mulvaney, the Director of the Office of Management and Budget, announced that the Trump Administration has discovered approximately $300 billion in federal spending in programs that have expired. This unauthorized spending has a real impact on balancing the budget.
The Trump administration has not yet announced a full list of the programs that are unauthorized, but a quick review of the 2018 budget found 11 programs that Trump is terminating because Congress has not renewed the program in some time.”
Some of the expired programs on which the government spent loads of money are:
- Department of Commerce, Economic Development Administration ($251 million)
- Department of Commerce, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration Grants and Education ($217 million)
- Department of Health and Human Services, Community Services Block Grant ($714 million)
- Department of Homeland Security, Port Security Grants and Transit Security Assistance (approx. $218 million)
- Department of Housing and Urban Development, Choice Neighborhoods ($125 million)
- Department of Housing and Urban Development, Choice Neighborhoods (this program has spent approx. $150 billionsince 1974, without any measurable impact)
- Department of Housing and Urban Development, Indian Community Development Block Grant ($60 million)
These are only few of the failed programs. Even though the Congress is refusing to reaffirm, there is still money investments in them.
I guess this is how our government used our money all of these years. But now, we are lucky that this has come to and end. With our new leader these kind of spending will be cut off and America’s debts will soon be covered.